Creating a Desktop Shortcut in Windows
- Open the location containing the item to which you want to create a shortcut.
- Right-click the item, and then click Create shortcut. The new shortcut appears in the same location as the original item.
- Drag the new shortcut to the desired location.
To pin WriterDuet to the taskbar:
- On the Start screen, press and hold or right-click the app, then tap or click ‘Pin to taskbar’ (you can also do this in the Apps view).
– or –
If the app is already open on the desktop, press and hold or right-click the app’s taskbar button, then tap or click ‘Pin this program to taskbar’.
Note: To remove a pinned app from the taskbar, open the app’s Jump List, and then tap or click ‘Unpin this program from taskbar’.
To add WriterDuet to the desktop:
- Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
- Enter the location of WriterDuet or tap or click Browse to find WriterDuet in File Explorer.
- To delete a shortcut from your desktop, press and hold or right-click it, and then tap or click Delete.
- If you delete a shortcut, only the shortcut is removed, not the original item.
- You can’t create shortcuts for Windows Store apps.
- Open the Start Menu
- Find WriterDuet
- Click on the tile and drag it to desktop.